7257 W. 4th St. Unit 4
Greeley, Colorado 80634
FAX - 970-352-9405
- Katie Palmer - March 1 at 3:30 p.m. - Westview Presbyterian Church in Longmont, Colorado
- Kimberly MacArthur - March 23 at 3:00 p.m. - First Presbyterian Church in Scottsbluff, Nebraska
The Presbytery has received a copy of the "2014 Church and Clergy Tax Guide for 2013 Tax Return Preparation and 2014 Year-Round Use". If you would like to see this copy or borrow it, please contact the Presbytery office.
There are also several CD's that pertain to tax related issues. If you would like to see these CD's or borrow one or more of them, please contact the Presbytery office.
Highlands Summer Program
It brings us great pleasure to announce that Highlands Presbyterian Camp and Retreat Center in Allenspark, CO is looking for highly qualified staff for the summer of 2014. Our summer programs are almost here, and we have a wide array of summer programs including; Adventure Camps, Mission Work Camps, MAD (Music, Art, and Drama) Camps, and Partnership Day Camps.
We need potential summer staff members with the following qualifications:
These individuals will serve as Camp Counselors, executing daily activities and overseeing campers in daily life. We are also hiring for an Adventure Camp Director and Mission Work Camp Director (25 yrs or older). They will be in charge of a specific program, oversee staff members, aid in logistical management, and help summer camp to run smoothly. In addition, we always need people for the positions of Videographer and Registration Assistant.
2014 Presbytery Meetings
- May 3 at First Presbyterian Church in Berthoud, Colorado
- August 9 at First Presbyterian Church in Bridgeport, Nebraska
- October 24-25 at Westview Presbyterian Church in Longmont, Colorado
The Presbytery has enlisted Nancy Hurianek to coordinate between groups wanting to help with the flood cleanup and those requesting help. Nancy is a member of Westview, Longmont and has been very active in PDA, leading PDA mission trips the last several years for our Presbytery. If you know of a group or individual willing to help, please send an email to Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based on meetings with PDA and communications with other recovery contacts, here is what is happening in the Presbytery -
Multiple town/city and county long term recovery groups began organizing in late November. Through the various LTRs, these activities are now taking place:
- Needs assessments are beginning (surveys of each home for identification and verification of needs/resources)
- Case managers are being enlisted and trained
- Lodging possibilities are being assessed
PDA has been working hard. National Response/Housing-Hospitality Team members are making their second round of visits this week (3rd week of January) to identify possible volunteer central locations/lodging. When the community long-term recovery organizations have
identified needs and enlisted case managers and construction project managers, we will have a true picture of and connection to those who require our help. Then, PDA can come alongside with volunteer teams for the rebuilding efforts. Nancy will keep us posted on PDA's progress!
It appears that some specific opportunities may open locally in the near future.
- Nancy and Dennis Hurianek are will to help organize a "mission trip" team (or teams) but it may be very spontaneous when projects materialize.
- If you are willing to be "on-call"/want to be notified when something comes together, please email the following information to Nancy (email above):
- name/names of team members
- dates of availability
- do you want to commute or stay with a team in the work area?
- can you provide your own tools, supplies, lodging?
Getting to the Presbytery Mission Center
The Presbytery Mission Center is located at 7257 West 4th Street, Unit 4 in west Greeley. It houses the presbytery offices, resource center, and conference room.
From the WEST: Take US 34 east from I-25. Exit at US 34 Business Route (10th Street). Proceed east on 10th Street to 71st Avenue. Turn left (north) on 71st Avenue to 4th Street. Turn left (west) on 4th
From the EAST: Take US 34 west from US 85 to 71st Ave. Turn right (north) on 71st Avenue approximately 2.5 miles to 4th Street. Turn left (west) on
4th Street. Office is on north side of 4th Street, approxStreet. Office is on north side of 4th Street, approximately 200 yards from intersection.
From the NORTH: From US 85, turn right (west) on Colorado 14 at Ault. Proceed to WCR 31. Turn left (south) on WCR 31. Continue approximately 8 miles to 4th Street in Greeley. Turn right (west) on 4th Street, approximately 1.2 miles. Office is on north side of 4th Street, approximately 200 yards from intersection.imately 200 yards from intersection.